More details about this qualification
Trimester 1 courses:
- DM5012 Applied Media 1
- DM5014 Digital Studio 1
- DM5018 Design Studio 1
- DM5022 Image-Making Studio 1
Trimester 2 courses:
- DM5013 Applied Media 2
- DM5015 Digital Studio 2
- DM5019 Design Studio 2
- DM5023 Image-Making Studio 2
Each course earns 15 credits, totaling 120 credits.
Each course runs for approximately 17 weeks.
- Animator (includes character design, story boarding, 3D model making)
- Brand designer (includes visual identity design)
- Creative technologies designer (media effects and animation for film, video and gaming)
- Graphic and/or visual communication designer (includes digital and print)
- Illustrator (includes traditional and digital)
- Motion graphics designer (2D and 3D design and animation)
- Web designer
Under 20 years
NCEA level 2 or equivalent qualification/work experience and evidence of suitability based on a portfolio of work.
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance and administration (approximately $924 per year of study).
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.