More detail about this qualification
Trimester 1 (or 2 for mid-year entry)
- DM6008 Applied Media 3
- DM6010 Digital Studio 3
- DM6014 Creative Studio 1
- DM6021 Image-Making Studio 3
Trimester 2 (or 1 for mid-year entry)
- DM6009 Applied Media 4
- DM6011 Digital Studio 4
- DM6015 Creative Studio 2
- DM6022 Image-Making Studio 4
Each course earns 15 credits, totaling 120 credits.
Each course runs for approximately 17 weeks.
- Animator (includes character design, story boarding, 3D model making)
- Brand designer (includes visual identity design)
- Creative Technology designer (media effects and animation for film, video and gaming)
- Graphic and/or visual communication designer (includes digital and print)
- Illustrator (includes traditional and digital)
- Motion graphics designer (2D and 3D design and animation)
- Web designer
NB: It is helpful for students to have access to a laptop of suﬃcient capability and Adobe Creative Cloud software to meet programme requirements.
New Zealand Diploma in Creativity (Level 5) or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5 or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance and administration (approximately $924 per year of study).
Related study options
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.