What you will learn
Work together on composing songs, putting on shows, performing at Te Auaha and playing gigs at music venues around Wellington.
- Learn how to engage your audience and perform music at a professional level
- Develop your technical playing ability to help you pursue your dream career
- Learn how to apply music theory so you can read and write music at the next level
- Build up your own portfolio of musical works
More detail about this qualification
Music programmes are taught in facilities that include:
- Recording studios
- Digi labs with Apple computers
- Music production suites
- Performance room equipped with lighting, PA, projector and large screen and performance equipment.
- Fully equipped band rehearsal rooms.
- Individual practice rooms, equipped with keyboards, stereos and practice amps.
- Specialist music teaching rooms
- Keyboard theory lab
- Music library
- Student music listening area
Graduates can work in roles such as:
- live performer
- music tuition
- composing/arranging in a broad range of industry contexts
- producing live or recorded music
NCEA level 2 or equivalent qualification/work experience AND evidence of ability based on an audition.
IELTS 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0 (or equivalent) and academic requirements.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance and administration (approximately $924 per year of study).
Own instrument unless a vocalist. Optional but recommended: laptop computer and multimedia software.
Related study options
This qualification is offered by Whitireia.
From 2023, Whitireia and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by Whitireia and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 944 847 or send us a message at email@example.com