What you will learn
You’ll receive life-long access to Lorna Evans’s specialist long hair videos and be invited to upload your work to her online community page for students.
Led by award-winning local stylist, Angela Enoka, you’ll be guided through the Lorna Evans Education tertiary training programme to learn,
- basic sectioning skills to help control long hair
- classic French rolls
- classic chignons
- working with padding
- vintage rolls
- blow drying using brushes to create curl, wave or volume
- blow drying using brushes to straighten or smooth hair
- applying hot rollers to set hair
- dry moulding
- back combing / plus alternative modern methods
- securing hair using bands or pins not visible in finished design
- applying fixing products
- hair sewing
More detail about this short course
This course is delivered over 5 consecutive Mondays from 4-7pm:
- 2 May: Hair Preparation (participants must complete this course)
- 9 May: Braids and Buns
- 16 May: French Roll
- 23 May: Chignon and Twists
- 30 May: Vintage Rolls and Waves
Supporting online content accessed through purchase of your Long Hair Toolkit.
About Lorna Evans Education
Lorna Evans is a very well known, award-winning Australian stylist, salon owner and educator; who’s also developed her own range of styling tools and practices as a long hair specialist. Her goal is to simplify hair styling so that all Hairstylists gain the skills and confidence to look after their own special occasion clients.
See Lorna’s work on Instagram @lornaevanseducation
You must either;
- Be currently enrolled in, or have recently completed, the WelTec Make-up & Skin Care or Makeup Artistry course; or
- Be currently enrolled in, or recently have completed a tertiary qualification in hairdressing, make-up & skincare or makeup artistry; or
- Be working in the industry as a professional stylist or apprentice hairdresser; or as a makeup artist.
Please note: Whitireia or WelTec Hairdressing students will cover this content as a part of the New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3).
A Long Hair Toolkit is required. The kit contains:
- Timesaver Brush
- BIG tail Comb
- Curve Comb
- Padding Mix
- Hair Net
- Long Bodkin Needle
- Linen Thread
- Bungee Tape
- The Stitch
- Secret Bands
- Fingerwave Clips
- Access to over 20 Hours of tailored compact sessions, printable study booklets and handouts.
Please note: Toolkit cost is included in the course fee and will be handed out at the first session. Materials only need to be purchased once for use over the five-course series.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
From 2023, WelTec and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by WelTec and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 935 832 or send us a message at email@example.com