This programme integrates theory and practice and gives the overseas registered nurse, or the registered nurse who has been away from clinical practice, the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to meet the New Zealand Nursing Council Competencies for the Registered Nurse Scope of Practice and thereby apply for an annual practicing certificate.
New Zealand Qualified Nurse (NZQN)
Evidence of suitability based on: relevant clinical practice (a minimum of two years post-registration), health screening, safety check and referee reports.
Internationally Qualified Nurse (IQN)
In addition to completing the application form:
Internationally Qualified Nurses will also need to provide the following documents:
- Completed and signed Application to Enrol (international students) form
- A copy of letter from Nursing Council New Zealand stating eligibility to apply for a Competency Assessment programme (please check Nursing Council of New Zealand website for details)
- A copy of current updated C.V signed and dated (for Internationally trained nurses) relevant clinical practice (a minimum of two-year hospital nursing) within the last four years
- A copy of current visa (if you are currently residing in New Zealand)
- A verified copy of your passport or birth certificate confirming your legal name and residency status
- Academic IELTS 7.0 overall with 7.0 in Listening, Reading, Speaking and 6.5 in Writing (achieved in one sitting); or OET B in Listening, Reading, Speaking and C+ in Writing (achieved in one sitting)
- Police clearance certificates (applicants who have lived in countries other than New Zealand need to provide a Police Clearance from each country)
All documentation must be verified as true copy. The verification can be done by any of the authorised people below who can verify your documents:
- Justice of the Peace (JP), Public Notary, Court Registrar, Deputy Registrar, Public Trust Officer
- Barrister or Solicitor of the High Court
- Local or Central Government employee designated for the purpose of taking oaths and declarations
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance, administration and student service fees. For more details, please email: email@example.com.
Whitireia and WelTec are a business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology.