What you will learn
Gain NCEA Level 2. Sample a range of trades: carpentry, concreting, paving, painting, plumbing and electrical. Gain the skills to start work on a construction site and progress to higher-level programmes. Learn how to safely use and maintain tools, make building calculations and choose materials. Work on real projects.
- Gain the skills to work on a construction site
- Learn how to safely use and maintain tools
- Make building calculations
- Choose appropriate building materials
- Learn where to purchase materials from
- Understand health and safety protocols
This course provides a great start for a construction career and is a good way to prepare for an apprenticeship.
- Gas fitter
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.