What you will learn
Gain NCEA Level 2. Sample a range of trades: carpentry, concreting, paving, painting, plumbing and electrical. Gain the skills to start work on a construction site and progress to higher-level programmes. Learn how to safely use and maintain tools, make building calculations and choose materials. Work on real projects.
- Gain the skills to work on a construction site
- Learn how to safely use and maintain tools
- Make building calculations
- Choose appropriate building materials
- Learn where to purchase materials from
- Understand health and safety protocols
*Classes for this programme are from Monday to Thursday, 9:00am - 3:00pm.
This course provides a great start for a construction career and is a good way to prepare for an apprenticeship.
- Gas fitter
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.