What you will learn
- Gain plastering employment skills
- Safely use hand tools and materials
- Install plasterboard/GIB board
- Apply a variety of compounds both for interior and exterior plastering
- Stop plasterboard/GIB board to Level 3-4-5 Finish
- Install plasterboard/GIB coving
- Interpret construction drawings to complete projects
- Perform simple trades calculations and order quantities
- Follow industry health and safety protocols
Work as a plastering apprentice or GIB installer. With experience and further study, you can progress to be a qualified tradesperson or become self-employed. Other construction trade areas, such as tiling or painting are also an option.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.