What you will learn
- Gain plastering employment skills
- Safely use hand tools and materials
- Install plasterboard/GIB board
- Apply a variety of compounds both for interior and exterior plastering
- Stop plasterboard/GIB board to Level 3-4-5 Finish
- Install plasterboard/GIB coving
- Interpret construction drawings to complete projects
- Perform simple trades calculations and order quantities
- Follow industry health and safety protocols
More detail about this qualification
Classes for this programme happen Monday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm.
*Students may be eligible for fees free, check the fees free website for more information.
Work as a plastering apprentice or GIB installer. With experience and further study, you can progress to be a qualified tradesperson or become self-employed. Other construction trade areas, such as tiling or painting are also an option.
Under 20 years
10 credits NCEA Level 1 numeracy and 10 credits NCEA Level 1 literacy, or equivalent study/work experience.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.