What you will learn
- Gain plastering employment skills
- Safely use hand tools and materials
- Install plasterboard/GIB board
- Apply a variety of compounds both for interior and exterior plastering
- Stop plasterboard/GIB board to Level 3-4-5 Finish
- Install plasterboard/GIB coving
- Interpret construction drawings to complete projects
- Perform simple trades calculations and order quantities
- Follow industry health and safety protocols
More detail about this qualification
Classes for this programme happen Monday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm.
*Students may be eligible for fees free, check the fees free website for more information.
Work as a plastering apprentice or GIB installer. With experience and further study, you can progress to be a qualified tradesperson or become self-employed. Other construction trade areas, such as tiling or painting are also an option.
Under 20 years
10 credits NCEA Level 1 numeracy and 10 credits NCEA Level 1 literacy, or equivalent study/work experience.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.