What you will learn
- Gain plastering employment skills
- Safely use hand tools and materials
- Install plasterboard/GIB board
- Apply a variety of compounds both for interior and exterior plastering
- Stop plasterboard/GIB board to Level 3-4-5 Finish
- Install plasterboard/GIB coving
- Interpret construction drawings to complete projects
- Perform simple trades calculations and order quantities
- Follow industry health and safety protocols
Work as a plastering apprentice or GIB installer. With experience and further study, you can progress to be a qualified tradesperson or become self-employed. Other construction trade areas, such as tiling or painting are also an option.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
From 2023, WelTec and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by WelTec and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 935 832 or send us a message at email@example.com