What you will learn
Develop skills to go straight into work in the industry. Learn about tiling techniques and design for indoor and outdoor installations. Use different materials like ceramic tiles, waterproofing membrane, epoxy grouts and tile trims. Train in our workshops. Gain safe worksite skills so you’re ready for industry.
- Gain tiling employment skills
- Safely use hand tools and materials
- Install indoor/outdoor floor and wall tiling
- Learn design techniques for feature walls and mosaic
- Apply a variety of adhesives, grouts and sealants
- Interpret construction drawings to complete projects
- Perform simple trades calculations and order quantities
- Follow industry health and safety protocols
More detail about this qualification
Classes for this programme happen Monday to Thursday, 9am to 3pm.
*Students may be eligible for fees free, check the fees free website for more information.
Work as a tiling apprentice. With experience and further study you can progress to be a qualified tradesperson in a team or become self-employed. Other construction trade areas, such as plastering or painting, are also an option.
Under 20 years
10 credits NCEA Level 1 numeracy and 10 credits NCEA Level 1 literacy or equivalent study/work experience.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.