Concerns and Complaints

If you have a concern, we encourage you to first discuss your concerns directly with your tutor or another staff member. You may also seek advice from support staff or at the Student Helpdesk. If you are unable to resolve your concern, there is a complaints process. 

Complaints Process

If you have a concern about your learning environment, about a staff member or another student, we encourage you to discuss it directly with a staff member or that person where possible. Alternatively, you could seek advice from your Programme Manager or other support staff including Māori, Pasifika, International support staff, or the student advocacy service.

Ideally, you will be able to resolve your concern at this level, but if this is not the case, academic and support staff can advise you about the formal complaints process and the options available to you. Refer also to the A5-P3 Student Concerns and Complaints Procedures. You will need to complete and submit the online Complaints Form, including your details, describing the incident, problem or issue and stating the outcome that you would like. You will be notified if you have insufficient grounds for the complaint.

If you make a Harmful Digital Communications complaint the process in Section 24 of the Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015 is followed. Link to section 24 supplied here. You will be offered guidance regarding how to seek support and guidance. 

You will be kept informed of the progress of the investigation into your complaint and you will receive in writing the decision on the outcome. If further evidence becomes available or if you think that the Institution has not followed the approved procedures, you are able to appeal the decision. Refer to the A1-P9 Appeals Procedures.