If you’re new to tertiary studies, or you’ve previously done less than six months at tertiary level, you may qualify for one year fees-free study. The fees-free programme covers tuition fees, associated mandatory fees, and compulsory student services fees up to $12,000.
To participate, you must:
- be allowed to work and live in New Zealand permanently, or be an Australian or New Zealand resident who has lived here for at least three years
- enrol in an eligible qualification
- not be enrolled in school when your qualification starts, and either:
- have been enrolled at school in 2018 or 2019, or
- have not previously studied or trained for more than 60 credits (except while you were at school).
Find out more information at www.feesfree.govt.nz.