Travel and Medical Insurance

Travel and medical insurance are a New Zealand Government requirement and compulsory for all international students studying in New Zealand and enrolled for a course for two weeks or more, regardless of the type of visa held by the student. It is also a requirement of your Student Visa.

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. To learn more about your entitlements to publicly-funded health services, visit New Zealand Ministry of Health. The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for temporary visitors to New Zealand but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website.

Uni-Care NZ Student Plan is our default insurance provider for international students. More information about the Uni-Care NZ Student Plan can be found at Uni-Care NZ Student Plan.

The insurance fee is listed in your Offer of Place. You will be covered automatically once you’ve paid your fee, from the date of departure to New Zealand (provided this isn’t more than 31 days prior to your programme start date) until the expiry date or cancellation of your student visa.

Whitireia and WelTec are part of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology Learn more

Learn with purpose

Explore Te Pūkenga

Te Kāwanatanga o Aotearoa - New Zealand Government

Te Kāwanatanga o Aotearoa - New Zealand Government

Copyright © 2023 Te Pūkenga