What you will learn
- Understand building construction
- Prepare preliminary designs and develop building concepts
- Create working drawings for residential and industrial buildings
- Evaluate the principles of architectural design
- Understand residential and commercial services
- Become proficient in CAD (computer-aided design software)
- Design details for building assembly
- Architectural technician
- BIM technician
- Architectural designer
- Kitchen and bathroom designer
- Compliance officer
50 credits at NCEA Level 2 or above, with at least 12 credits in each of the following: Maths and English. Or achieved a level 3 or 4 qualification in a related field, or have equivalent practical, professional, or educational experience of an appropriate kind.
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Special entry may be granted by the Head of School responsible for the programme to an applicant who does not meet all entry requirements, where the Head of School is satisfied the applicant is capable of undertaking the programme of study.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here.
*For fee exclusions, please see our terms and conditions.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.