What you will learn
- Develop the thinking to improve business operations
- Understand accounting and economic principles and practices
- Develop marketing plans and sales strategies
- Learn skills for recruitment and staff training
- Explore risk management
- Learn how to develop and maintain long-term business relationships
- Carry out business research
- Develop problem-solving and business communication skills
- Analyse the impact of multicultural influences on business operations
- Consider how principles of the Treaty of Waitangi can be applied to business practice in Aotearoa
Are you looking to study part-time while you work or balance other commitments?
This programme includes part-time study options for people who want the flexibility of studying while they manage other commitments.
Flexible study options
This programme has flexible study options with both day and night papers offered.
Day papers will be taught at the Petone campus
- Afternoon papers will be taught at the Whitireia (Porirua) campus
- Night papers will be taught in Wellington (Te Kāhui Auaha) campus
- Team leader
- Project and event administrator
- Office manager
- Accounts receivable/payable officer
- Business developer
- Finance administrator
Under 20 years
NCEA Level 2 or equivalent qualification/work experience.
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance, administration and student service fees. For more details, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give yourself credit →
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.
Whitireia and WelTec are a business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology.