Areas covered in this programme includes:
- Contextual 'building blocks' of film. The history, its arc and role in popular culture, and the components that make for compelling and memorable films.
- The 'toolbox' of filmmaking. Camera, lights, sound, and editing. Project based learning is practical and includes 'in-camera edit shoots, music video production and much more,
- The art of successful scriptwriting as it applies to the film industry. What makes a successful story and how to break this down to a screen ready plan.
- Robust pre-production planning using mapping and recording techniques.
- Discovering the process of editing and how to apply practical knowledge with creative flair to stamp personal marks upon shot. sequences.
- Planning, shooting and editing of a short drama and End of Year (EOY) project.
NCEA Level 2 or equivalent skills and knowledge and evidence of aptitude based on interview.
IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5), or equivalent
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*For fee exclusions, please see our terms and conditions.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.