Areas covered in this programme includes:
- Research which explores and evaluates the critical components of successful filmmaking from both international and Aotearoa New Zealand based perspectives.
- Exploring the art of scriptwriting and screen adaptation for applied storytelling; to produce individual projects.
- Applying knowledge within technical processes, craft skills, leadership, and management in pre and post-production planning of screen productions.
- Experience of the practical planning implications of filmmaking.
- The opportunity to lead, initiate, create, and contribute to screen productions; ākonga work on a minimum of two projects including documentary making and festival ready short films.
- The expansion of learning editorial skills within own projects, and the work of others. Achieve an industry level of skill base in the editorial suite.
- Ways to secure film funding, and the practical and legal requirements needed in order to operate as a contractor within the film industry.
New Zealand Diploma in Screen Production (Level 5) or equivalent industry experience.
It is recommended that candidates hold a Restricted or Full New Zealand Drivers Licence.
International: IELTS 6.0 (no band lower than 5.5), or equivalent.
Give yourself credit →
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.
Whitireia and WelTec are a business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology.