What you will learn
You'll get hairdressing, beauty therapy and make-up artistry skills under supervision from our friendly tutors and practice communicating with customers. You'll learn beauty therapy basics, make-up techniques and have an introduction to special effects looks.
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
Related study options
This is a great introduction to a qualification in Hairdressing, Make-up, Beauty Therapy and Barbering:
- New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support) (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Makeup and Skin Care (Introduction) (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Makeup Artistry (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Commercial Barbering (Level 4)
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.