What you will learn
- Prepare the face for long-lasting makeup application
- Carry out day, evening and special occasion makeup looks
- Client consultation, to establish needs and determine makeup or skin care service
- Identify symptoms of skin conditions to advise clients of future implications and possible treatments
- Gain product knowledge of cosmetics and skincare
- Customer service and communication skills
- Retail and promotion skills for makeup and beauty sales
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Industry health, safety and hygiene principles
- Beauty consultant
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
NCEA Level 1 or evidence of equivalent skills and knowledge.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
Course related costs
- WelTec specialist basic makeup and skincare kit (includes basic kit, professional brush set and Te Auaha T-shirt) Approx $300
- Stationary equipment
- Suitable clothing complying with programme dress code (full professional black clothing)
- Students will have to organise/provide suitable models, as instructed by tutor, for all practical work.
- Study material/ textbook. Price approx. $60
Apply for your course-related costs with Studylink.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
From 2023, WelTec and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by WelTec and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 935 832 or send us a message at email@example.com