What you will learn
- Prepare the face for long-lasting makeup application
- Carry out day, evening and special occasion makeup looks
- Client consultation, to establish needs and determine makeup or skin care service
- Identify symptoms of skin conditions to advise clients of future implications and possible treatments
- Gain product knowledge of cosmetics and skincare
- Customer service and communication skills
- Retail and promotion skills for makeup and beauty sales
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Industry health, safety and hygiene principles
Flexible study options
This programme offers the flexibility to be completed around work or other life commitments. Classes will be held at the following times and locations:
Te Kāhui Auaha campus: Tuesday - Thursday 9:00am-4:30pm
Petone campus: Monday - Wednesday 9:00am-4:30pm
- Beauty consultant
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
Hear from our graduates
Course related costs
- WelTec specialist basic makeup and skincare kit (includes basic kit, professional brush set and Te Auaha T-shirt) Approx $374
- Stationary equipment
- Suitable clothing complying with programme dress code (full professional black clothing)
- Students will have to organise/provide suitable models, as instructed by tutor, for all practical work.
- Study material/ textbook. Price approx. $60
These course related costs are not covered under any fees free funding schemes. To apply for course related costs (as a loan) visit studylink.
Ākonga who qualify for the MPTT (Māori and Pasifika Trades Training) scholarship may be able to have their course related costs covered.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.