What you will learn
- Prepare the face for long-lasting makeup application
- Carry out day, evening and special occasion makeup looks
- Client consultation, to establish needs and determine makeup or skin care service
- Identify symptoms of skin conditions to advise clients of future implications and possible treatments
- Gain product knowledge of cosmetics and skincare
- Customer service and communication skills
- Retail and promotion skills for makeup and beauty sales
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Industry health, safety and hygiene principles
- Beauty consultant
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
NCEA Level 1 or evidence of equivalent skills and knowledge.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
Course related costs
- WelTec specialist basic makeup and skincare kit (includes basic kit, professional brush set and Te Auaha T-shirt) Approx $300
- Stationary equipment
- Suitable clothing complying with programme dress code (full professional black clothing)
- Students will have to organise/provide suitable models, as instructed by tutor, for all practical work.
- Study material/ textbook. Price approx. $60
Apply for your course-related costs with Studylink.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.