What you will learn
- Prepare the face for long-lasting makeup application
- Carry out day, evening and special occasion makeup looks
- Client consultation, to establish needs and determine makeup or skin care service
- Identify symptoms of skin conditions to advise clients of future implications and possible treatments
- Gain product knowledge of cosmetics and skincare
- Customer service and communication skills
- Retail and promotion skills for makeup and beauty sales
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Industry health, safety and hygiene principles
- Beauty consultant
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
NCEA Level 1 or evidence of equivalent skills and knowledge.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
Course related costs
- WelTec specialist basic makeup and skincare kit (includes basic kit, professional brush set and Te Auaha T-shirt) Approx $374
- Stationary equipment
- Suitable clothing complying with programme dress code (full professional black clothing)
- Students will have to organise/provide suitable models, as instructed by tutor, for all practical work.
- Study material/ textbook. Price approx. $60
These course related costs are not covered under any fees free funding schemes. To apply for course related costs (as a loan) visit studylink.
Ākonga who qualify for the MPTT (Māori and Pasifika Trades Training) scholarship may be able to have their course related costs covered.
Give yourself credit →
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.
Whitireia and WelTec are a business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology.