This qualification is covered by the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Amendment Order 2021. Students are therefore required to be fully vaccinated, including a booster dose, as they will have frequent contact/engagement with those providing health services and are considered tied to a role within a healthcare setting. Further information can be found below.
This Level 3 Certificate is a full-time 17 week programme which is offered twice a year at the Petone campus.
What you will learn
- Apply practical application of knowledge in workplace settings on work placement
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of professional and ethical behaviour
- Understand and describe a person’s holistic health
- Learn important communication skills
- Learn how to respond to and recognise change
More detail about this qualification
The following costs are approximate. Confirmed costs for next year, instructions on how to purchase your uniform and first day information will be available here from 01 October.
Uniform polo shirt: $45
Name badge: $15
Black trousers and footwear that complies with health and safety regulations to be worn.
NCEA level 1 or equivalent qualification/work experience AND evidence of suitability based on an interview, health screening, safety check and referee reports.
International: IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0), or equivalent.
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
How to apply
Before you start your online application, you will need to have the following documentation available to upload when requested:
- Supplementary application form
- Referee report*
- Your Covid-19 My Vaccination Record
- Verified ID
- Verified official transcripts
*Give the referee report to someone who is willing to be your referee. Ask them to complete the forms and either return to yourself (so you can upload with your application), or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 days.
Alternatively, completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped into:
Enrolments, WelTec, 21 Kensington Avenue, Petone
For international applicants - please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.