Before applying for this qualification please ensure you have read the COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
This Level 3 Certificate is a full-time 17-week programme which is offered twice a year at the Petone campus.
What you will learn
- Apply practical application of knowledge in workplace settings on work placement
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of professional and ethical behaviour
- Understand and describe a person’s holistic health
- Learn important communication skills
- Learn how to respond to and recognise change.
More detail about this qualification
NCEA level 1 or equivalent qualification/work experience AND evidence of suitability based on interview, health declaration, safety check under the Children’s Act 2014 and referee reports.
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
How to apply
Before you start your online application, you will need to have the following documentation available to upload when requested:
- Supplementary application form
- Referee report*
- Verified ID
- Verified official transcripts
*Give the referee report to someone who is willing to be your referee. Ask them to complete the forms and either return to yourself (so you can upload with your application), or scan and email to email@example.com within 10 days.
Alternatively, completed applications can be printed off and:
21 Kensington Ave, Petone
Funding your study
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
This programme is FREE under TTAF, covering, compulsory tuition fees, compulsory course costs and compulsory student services fees. Visit tec.govt.nz for more information about TTAF.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
From 2023, WelTec and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by WelTec and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 935 832 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org