The New Zealand Diploma in Enrolled Nursing is an 18-month full-time programme, approved by Nursing Council of New Zealand, which prepares students to become an enrolled nurse.
Enrolled nurses assist registered nurses to deliver nursing care to individuals in community, residential and. Enrolled nurses contribute to nursing assessment, care planning, implementation and evaluation, but the registered nurse remains responsible overall.
The enrolled nurse performs delegated interventions from the nursing care plan to:
- provide care and comfort for individuals and groups
- assist and support clients with activities of daily living
- observe and report changes in individual/group conditions and behaviours
- safeguard dignity and promote independence
More detail about this qualification
The following costs are approximate. Confirmed costs for next year, instructions on how to complete the health screening, where to purchase your uniform and equipment and first day information will be available here from 01 October.
- Health screening: $250 (must be completed prior to programme start)
- Medical equipment: $120 (must be ordered prior to programme start)
- Uniform: $200 (must be ordered prior to programme start)
- Vaccinations (if required by clinical placement): Costs will vary depending on vaccination required i.e. flu, whooping cough
- Stationary: $100
- Clinical Travel Costs: These will vary depending on where you live and where your placements are.
NCEA Level 2, including 12 credits in Level 1 Mathematics; or equivalent study/work experience; and evidence of suitability based on interview, health declaration, safety check and referee reports.
Proven equivalence for Domestic Entry Requirements plus IELTS 6.5 in each band.
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance and administration (approximately $924 per year of study).
How to apply
Before you start you online application, you will need the following documentation available to upload when requested:
Give the referee report to someone who is willing to be your referee. Ask them to complete the forms and return them to you (so you can upload with your application).
Alternatively, completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped into:
Enrolments, Whitireia New Zealand 3 Wi Neera Drive, Porirua
For international applicants - please email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
This qualification is offered by Whitireia.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of Whitireia transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing Whitireia programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.