What you will learn
- Gain knowledge of computer hardware and operating systems
- Understand the essentials of computer applications and networks
- Learn business analysis and database management
- Develop skills in web design
- Work on software development
- Plan and manage IT projects
This programme includes part-time study options for people who want the flexibility of studying while they manage other commitments.
More detail about this qualification
- Helpdesk liaison
- IT office administrator
Under 20 years
- 40 credits at Level 2 or above
- Literacy - 10 credits at Level 1 or above, made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing
- Numeracy - 10 credits at Level 1 or above
- Or relevant qualification
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
Funding your study
Government's Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF)
*This programme is FREE under TTAF, covering; compulsory tuition fees, compulsory course costs and compulsory student services fees. Visit tec.govt.nz for more information about TTAF.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
From 2023, WelTec and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by WelTec and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 935 832 or send us a message at email@example.com