What you will learn
Try welding. Suitable for hobbyists and people who want to learn and practise their welding and cutting technique. You’ll have the opportunity to bring your own projects from home.
- Safety in the welding industry
- Setting up welding equipment
- TIG welding techniques for low carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminium
- MIG welding techniques for low carbon steel and aluminium
- Learn to recognise and repair the most common welding faults
- Gain basic distortion control techniques
- Manual thermal cutting
More detail about this programme
You'll need the following items for the workshop
- Overalls or dustcoat
- Steel-capped safety shoes or boots
- Safety glasses
- Welding helmet
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.