What you will learn
- Advance your understanding of material properties and their treatments
- Learn to make, install and repair metal products for light and heavy fabrication and steel construction
- Heavy fabricated products could include heavy trailers and heavy manufacturing equipment
- Light fabricated products could include ducting, light trailers and balustrade
- Carry out complex welding tasks
- Apply knowledge of forming and shaping to minimise damage and distortion
More detail about this qualification
Evening classes, three hours a week held between February and December. Includes two one-week block courses per year.
- General Engineer
- Structural Steel Worker
Must be employed in an appropriate engineering job full-time and have successfully completed the New Zealand Certificate in Engineering (Level 3) or have relevant skills and experience.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.