More detail about this qualification
Graduates of the Master of Management programme will be able to:
- acknowledge that the world views of leaders and managers impact how values and philosophies shape leadership and management decision making
- communicate effectively (orally, visually and in writing) with people of different cultures
- work effectively in bicultural and multicultural teams and exercise leadership as required
- engage in rigorous intellectual analysis, criticism and problem-solving
- learn independently and appreciate the need for continued learning
- apply advanced knowledge in management studies and associated intellectual, leadership and strategic capabilities to practical and new situations
- critically evaluate current literature and research findings in management studies and their application in organisations
- identify, analyse and address ethical issues in leadership and management in practical and applied situations
- plan, execute and complete a piece of original research or an applied research project, relevant to industry stakeholders
- research, analyse and argue from evidence
- undertake a leadership, management or research role in an organisation
- undertake further postgraduate study
Graduates of the Master of Management may find employment in business, education, government, health, hospitality, industry or the community sectors as a Business Analyst, Business Development Specialist, General Manager, Manager, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, and Team Leader. In some instances, further work experience may be required.
Applicants will have completed all requirements of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business or related subject with at least a B grade average (65%) at level 7 (or 8).
Applicants holding a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a discipline or subject area other than business may be admitted to the programme if deemed by the Programme Manager to have acquired additional skills and knowledge through relevant work experience equivalent to the above.
Relevant work experience means at least three years in a Manager or Senior Manager role in marketing, information systems, general management, or similar. A full CV / Resume is required together with supporting documents that demonstrate the nature of the employment and key responsibilities of the work performed.
*Domestic fee displayed is for 18-months, or 1.5 years of study (equivalent to 180 credits) but is subject to annual fee increases.
International students IELTS 6.5 (with no band below 6.0) or equivalent.
*International fee displayed is for 18-months, or 1.5 years of study (equivalent to 180 credits) and does not include insurance and administration (approximately $924 per year of study).
Related study options
Graduates of the Master of Management who have completed a 90 credit thesis with a good grade and obtained good grades across their level 8 courses, usually a B+ average, may be admitted to doctoral programmes in New Zealand or overseas, or other postgraduate programmes.
This qualification is offered by Whitireia.
From 2023, Whitireia and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by Whitireia and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 944 847 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org