What you will learn
- Facial therapy
- Manicure and pedicure
- Eyebrow shaping and eyelash tinting services
- Client consultation, diagnosis and effective communication
- Retail and reception skills for beauty sales and service
- Knowledge of chemistry and electrical currents for facial therapy
- Safety, hygiene and first aid
- Nutritional principles
- Anatomy and physiology, including:
- Cytology and Histology
- The Lymphatic system
- Integumentary system
- Internationally recognised beauty therapist
- Salon manager
- Sales representative
- Cruise line and resort work
- Small business owner
Under 20 years
NCEA Level 2 or equivalent skills and knowledge.
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance and administration (approximately $924 per year of study).
Course related costs
This programme has additional course related costs of approximately $645 (includes uniform, manicure items, brush set etc).
Apply for your course related costs with Studylink.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.