What you will learn
- Facial therapy
- Manicure and pedicure
- Eyebrow shaping and eyelash tinting services
- Client consultation, diagnosis and effective communication
- Retail and reception skills for beauty sales and service
- Knowledge of chemistry and electrical currents for facial therapy
- Safety, hygiene and first aid
- Nutritional principles
- Anatomy and physiology, including:
- Cytology and Histology
- The Lymphatic system
- Integumentary system
- Internationally recognised beauty therapist
- Salon manager
- Sales representative
- Cruise line and resort work
- Small business owner
Under 20 years
NCEA Level 2 or equivalent skills and knowledge.
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*For fee exclusions, please see our terms and conditions.
Course related costs
This programme has additional course related costs of approximately $675 (includes uniform, manicure items, brush set etc).
These course related costs are not covered under any fees free funding schemes. To apply for course related costs (as a loan) visit studylink.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.