The aim of this full-time programme is to give students the knowledge and skills they need to practice advanced food and beverage service across the wider hospitality sector.
Designed to be accessible to people already employed in the industry who are looking to gain a qualification while continuing to work or to other learners by using embedded work experience alongside the on-campus workshops in our purpose-built facility.
The on-campus component is delivered 1 day a week over a 17 week duration, and students are required to be in employment or work experience for a minimum of 12 hours per week.
What you will learn
- Customer service skills while broadening your knowledge around different food and beverage service styles
- Understanding the importance of menu design, special dietary needs and environmental sustainability
- Skills and knowledge in the preparation and service of hot and cold beverages
- The importance of workplace health and safety, food safety and security tin the industry
- An understanding of the legislative compliance in the hospitality industry
More detail about this qualification
- The content of this programme includes food and beverage service, standard operating procedures and current industry practices
- Delivery of this programme will be blended with one day a week spent on campus, supported by significant on-line resources
- Student will complete an on-line record of work experience activities that support their class-based learning
- For any student not currently employed in a suitable position, our dedicated staff will support them in finding a placement/employment with our wide network of industry partners
Entry level positions in commercial hospitality environments:
- Events centres
- Catering companies
- Other Food and Beverage Service and customer service businesses.
Or students can pathway on to further study.
10 NCEA Level 1 Literacy and 10 NCEA Level 1 Numeracy credits, or equivalent.
IELTS 5.5 (no band lower than 5.0), or equivalent.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.