What you will learn
- Gain a broad knowledge of the different career opportunities within the Hospitality Industry.
- Understand how the different departments are positioned, interact, and communicate with each other to provide service
- The essential skills to provide café service and barista coffee
- The essential skills to prepare and serve basic beverages
- Functions of front of house, reception, and accommodation operations, including concierge
- Basic cookery and food handling skills
- Restaurant service basics and customer service
- Hands on experience within an industry department
- The programme will provide you with the knowledge and hands on experience in the various skill sets to assist you in making an informed decision in choosing a specific career path.
Flexible study options
Delivery is four days per week full time (17 weeks) or two days per week part-time (34 weeks).
More detail about this qualification
- The content of the programme includes food service fundamentals, communication and customer service, café beverage service, barista skills, processing payments, basic cookery skills, work and food safety, front office and accommodation services.
- Food Service: Develop knowledge and skills that support competent food service in a hospitality environment.
- Café Beverage Service: Enables learners to provide beverage services including barista skills in a hospitality environment.
- Basic Cookery: develops basic skills in preparing, cooking and presenting a range of products, employing commodities commonly used in the hospitality industry and in effective communication with others in a commercial kitchen.
- Front Office and Accommodation Services: Develop basic skills for entry level work in reception front office or accommodation services within the hospitality sector.
Entry level and junior positions in commercial hospitality environments:
- Catering companies
- Other Food and Beverage Service and customer service businesses.
Or students can pathway on to further study.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.