Results, Certificates and Transcripts

Provisional Results

Talk to your tutor about any questions you have. 

Access your WelTec provisional results here

Access your Whitireia provisional results here

Final results

Once all the results from your programme are approved, you can request a record of learning from a School Administrator or Enrolment Officer. Finalising results can take up to 6 weeks after the official programme end date. Ask your tutor if you need more information.

Unit standard results

Your official results for unit standards should appear on the NZQA website by mid-December. 

Academic Transcript

If you have completed a qualification you will receive an Academic Transcript with your certificate. The Academic Transcript records all courses that you have completed in the programme, shows grades awarded (including failed, withdrawn) and states whether you have completed a qualification. For an explanation on grade ranges, please refer to A1-R1 Academic Statute, Schedule 2A and B, in the section on academic policies.

You can use it to enrol in further study, to apply for credit recognition and in employment applications.

You can apply for your Academic Transcript at any time if required, by emailing or Please state your name, student ID and the reason for your request.  Transcripts can be collected in person at Porirua/Petone and the Te Auaha Campus.

Grade Point Average (GPA)

Your GPA is not calculated or shown on your Academic Transcript. If you require your GPA, you can calculate it by following these instructions. 

Qualification certificate

You will be informed whether or not there will be a Graduation Ceremony or a celebration. If there is a ceremony/celebration for your qualification, you can choose whether to attend or have your qualification certificate posted to you. We will post certificates to NZ or overseas addresses. 

Replacement certificate

If you lose or damage your qualification certificate or it has been destroyed, you can apply to have it re-issued upon payment of $50, which covers the certificate and postage (not courier). In certain circumstances, the Registrar may agree to waive the fee. If you need a replacement certificate, complete and submit the Application for Replacement Certificate. The re-issued certificate records the original date of issue. On the reverse, there is a stamp, signature and date of re-issue.

Whitireia and WelTec are part of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology Learn more

Learn with purpose

Explore Te Pūkenga

Te Kāwanatanga o Aotearoa - New Zealand Government

Te Kāwanatanga o Aotearoa - New Zealand Government

Copyright © 2024 Te Pūkenga