Te Whare Ako provides quality education and care for children/tamariki aged between three months and five years.
The early learning centre welcomes all children/tamariki from the community, including those of WelTec students and staff.
Why choose Te Whare Ako?
- High teacher to child ratios
- Trusting, respectful relationships with teachers/kaiako
- Flexible hours 7:45 am to 5:00 pm
- Full or part-time day options
- We understand and foster the interests of all children/tamariki
- Programmes provide space for children to develop skills and strategies
- Our learning environment includes familiar experiences and new challenges
- Two play spaces for children/tamariki over and under 2 that can be merged
- Culturally diverse centre
- Fully qualified teachers
- No booking fee
- A supportive and close relationship with WelTec
- 10% discount for 3rd and subsequent child
- Ongoing commitment to Te Aō Māori, Te Tiriti ō Waitangi, Tāpasa and Environmental sustainability
We offer competitive fees and support families/whānau with subsidies. Te Whare Ako offers 20 ECE hours of early childhood education to all 3 and 4 year old's. Some families are also entitled to a childcare subsidy through Work and Income New Zealand.
Read our vision and philosophy