What you will learn
The aim of this programme is to build your expertise in the creative technology discipline, developing your creativity and innovation, critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration and communication, for a career in creative technology occupations.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced technical proficiency, artistry and understanding of creative technologies.
- Use research and problem-solving skills, critical thinking and imagination when creating and developing innovative ideas, products, processes or presentations.
- Demonstrate awareness of social and cultural diversity and tikanga Māori, and respond appropriately in their creative practice.
- Apply collaborative, entrepreneurial skills to contribute to a creative development project, within the discipline or in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate responsible, professional, ethical and sustainable business practice in community and/or commercial environments.
More detail about this qualification
Opportunities within the creative industries include employment in public organisations, private companies, creative enterprises, portfolio careers, self-employment, roles in funding agencies, teaching and private tutoring (further training required for school teaching).
Bachelor degree in a creative discipline OR Ability to demonstrate equivalent practical experience, professional or educational experience appropriate to the Graduate Diploma’s major discipline.
If a prior degree was in a different creative discipline from the major offered in the Graduate Diploma, evidence of ability based on portfolio and/or interview is required.
Portfolio evidence and/or interview is also required to demonstrate equivalent practical experience, professional or educational experience.
IELTS 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5 (or equivalent) and academic requirements.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance and administration (approximately $924 per year of study).
This qualification is offered by Whitireia and WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of Whitireia and WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing Whitireia and WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.