What you will learn
This programme is practically based so the focus is hands-on. You'll be running our hair salon Te Whare Makawe. you'll learn the following skills:
- Client consultation, diagnosis, care, and advice
- Applying hairdressing theory and practice
- Current fashion services to meet client requirements
- Cutting, styling, colouring, colour correction, and chemical reformation
- Manage multiple integrated client hairdressing services
- Manage your own clientele in a hairdressing salon as a senior stylist
- Own and operate your own hairdressing salon
- Become a product company technician
- Become an educator (with further experience)
- Add make-up artistry to your portfolio of work and become a sought after hair and make-up artist for the magazine/screen industry
- Add barbering to your portfolio of work and become an all-round hairdresser/barber
Course related costs
This programme has additional course related costs of approximately $1,000. These course related costs are not covered under any fees free funding schemes and are additional to your course fee. To apply for course related costs (as a loan) visit Studylink.
New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Level 3); or an equivalent qualification.
Minimum IELTS (general or academic) score of 5.5 with no individual band lower than 5, or equivalent from one test taken in the preceding two years, or an equivalent described in NZQA rules.
Use the knowledge you already have to fast-track your qualification. Workplace-learning, volunteering, professional development, other provider qualifications and online courses can be recognised as prior learning and put towards your qualification. Start by getting in touch with us, or find out more here.