What you will learn
This programme is designed for people with an intellectual/learning disability who require specialised support to develop the skills and knowledge to maximise their potential. To gain increased confidence to meet their aspirations, support their life and work goals, so as to participate and contribute as a productive citizen of Aotearoa New Zealand.
- How to be more independent, learning more about yourself
- Identify and put in place strategies to maintain daily routines
- Increase communication and interpersonal skills
- Explore options and set personal goals for the future
- Learn about options for health and wellness
- How to work as part of a team
- Explore responsibilities of being a citizen of Aotearoa New Zealand
More detail about this qualification
Managing everyday living
Manage daily living, set goals and participate in the community.
Hauora (health and wellness)
Manage and maintain health and wellness. Have a safe home environment and access support within the community.
Develop knowledge and skills to assist effective communication with others, give and receive information and solve everyday problems.
Be a responsible citizen, participate in the community, understand own culture and have a basic understanding of Tikanga Māori.
Applicants are required to attend an interview with tutors to identify their strengths and needs and ensure that the programme provides an appropriate pathway. The applicant may be supported by whanau and/or other nominated support people. The following points will be considered.
- The applicant’s literacy, numeracy, computer and language skills
- The applicant’s learning or behavioural needs which might impact on programme engagement
- The applicant’s level of independence in terms of engagement in daily activities and self-care
The applicant must be 18 at the commencement of the programme. The Head of School can approve enrolment of students under the age of 18
* International fees shown here do not include insurance and administration (currently approximately $924 per year of study)
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
From 2023, WelTec and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by WelTec and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 935 832 or send us a message at email@example.com