What you will learn
- This course will instruct applicants to the level required by the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) for their theory examinations and practical assessments
- Study basic electrical theory for working with equipment up to 400V
- Complete electrical testing
- Cover electrical circuits, conductors and insulators
- Learn earthing arrangements
- Carry out maintenance on three-phase electrical motors
- Apply safe working practices
EWRB Examination Application Fee: $166.75
EWRB Practical Assessment Fee: $85.00
It is recommended that students bring a copy of ASNZ3000:2007.
Access to electronic copies of companion standards is recommended.
Have completed an EAS course or have EAS Registration.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.