What you will learn
- Anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of Chemistry and how it relates to the skin
- Knowledge of electrical currents
- Body treatments including full body massage
- Permanent hair removal
- Client Face and body consultation, diagnosis, and effective communication
- Small business and management skills
- Retail and reception skills, sales and services relating to the beauty therapy industry
- Professional practice including Health & Safety & Hygiene
- Advanced First Aid
- Nutrition and how it affects the skin and body
- Gain CIDESCO, an internationally recognised diploma.
More detail about this qualification
- Internationally recognised beauty therapist
- Salon manager
- Sales representative
- Cruise line and resort work
- Small business owner
Successful completion of the New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4) or equivalent academic qualification.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance, administration and student service fees. For more details, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
On 1 September 2022, the operations of WelTec transferred to the Whitireia and WelTec business division of Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology (Te Pūkenga). As part of this, all existing WelTec programmes transferred to Te Pūkenga.