What you will learn
- Anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of Chemistry and how it relates to the skin
- Knowledge of electrical currents
- Body treatments including full body massage
- Permanent hair removal
- Client Face and body consultation, diagnosis, and effective communication
- Small business and management skills
- Retail and reception skills, sales and services relating to the beauty therapy industry
- Professional practice including Health & Safety & Hygiene
- Advanced First Aid
- Nutrition and how it affects the skin and body
- Gain CIDESCO, an internationally recognised diploma.
More detail about this qualification
- Internationally recognised beauty therapist
- Salon manager
- Sales representative
- Cruise line and resort work
- Small business owner
Successful completion of the New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy (Level 4) or equivalent academic qualification.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
This qualification is offered by WelTec.
From 2023, WelTec and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology. All programmes offered by WelTec and other subsidiaries of Te Pūkenga are under review, to ensure they are portable, consistent and aligned with the needs of industry. The programme you have enrolled in may change over time.
Have a question or feedback?
We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 935 832 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org